This describes the resources that make up the official OpenSky API v1. If you have any problems or requests please contact [[email]]
Note: This API is in beta state. Breaking changes may occur.
All API access is over HTTPS, and accessed from the opensky.com domain. All data is returned as JSON.
Blank fields are included as `null` instead of being omitted.
All timestamps are returned in ISO 8601 format:
API v1 assigns response codes according to HTTP Spec:
- 200 Ok (Ex: Successful GET of an existing resource)
- 202 Accepted (Ex: Successful POST of a new resource)
- 400 Bad Request (Ex: Request is missing required parameters)
- 401 Unauthorized (Ex: Your account has been disabled)
- 403 Forbidden (Ex: Request is missing your API KEY)
- 404 Not Found (Ex: Resource doesn't exist)
- 415 Unsupported Media Type (Ex: 'json' is the only format we currently support)
- 417 Expectation Failed (Ex: Attempting to create a resource that already exists)
- 422 Unprocessable Entity (Ex: Validating the parameters failed, error message will contain explanation)
Where possible, API v1 strives to use appropriate HTTP verbs for each action.
- HEAD Can be issued against any resource to get just the HTTP header info.
- GET Used for retrieving resources.
- POST Used for creating resources.
- PUT Used for replacing resources.
- DELETE Used for deleting resources.
There are [[x]] ways to authenticate through OpenSky API v1:
- OpenSky API Key (sent in a header):
- PHP Example: